Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize 2022
The Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize is a writing competition sponsored by the stage and radio series Selected Shorts. This long-running series at Symphony Space in New York City celebrates the art of the short story by having stars of stage and screen read aloud the works of established and emerging writers. Selected Shorts is recorded for Public Radio and heard nationally on both the radio and its weekly podcast.
The 2022 Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize will be judged by Min Jin Lee (Pachinko). The winning work will be performed and recorded by an actor in spring 2022, and published on Electric Literature. The winning writer will receive $1000 and a free 10-week course with Gotham Writers.
Read the 2021 contest winner, "Reality" by Diana Spechler here.
- Entrees should be 750 words or less.
- Stories can be on any theme.
- There is a fee of $25 to enter.
- Submissions must be entered by 11:59 PM EST on March 4, 2022.
- Writers of all ages and nationalities are eligible.
- The story must have a title.
- We do not accept work that has been previously published in print, online, or any other medium.
- We do not accept works in translation.
- Once entered, we do not accept revisions for any stories. Your $25 is nonrefundable.
- You may enter as many stories as you like, but a $25 fee is required for each story.
- We no longer accept mailed, paper submissions. Stories received in the mail will be returned unread with your uncashed check. If you have problems with the online form or are unable to submit online for some extenuating circumstance, please contact Selected Shorts directly at [email protected] and we will make sure your work reaches us.
- The winner will be announced in spring 2022.